January 20, 2014
No matter how hard we try or how careful we may be, we can't escape Mr. Murphy's Law. It is an accepted idea that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. That doesn't mean we have to dwell on it. After all when life hands us a lemon...well you know the rest. Even though situations may go wrong it doesn't mean we have to accept the negative side of it. We can choose to focus on the positive. Case in point is what happened to me today.

Traveling on a main roadway at a busy time of day, on target to finish my route for the day, a driver turns into my lane and side swipes my truck. There goes my plan to finish on time. I could have chosen to be selfish and dwell on the negative aspect of the situation and thereby ruin the rest of my day. Instead I chose to focus on what didn't happen. That is, no one was injured, no major damage, no hit and run, no loss of property and no elevated blood pressure. Focusing on these things helped me relaxed, got all the paperwork done quickly with the responding deputy and continued on with my work. Oh no, I didn't complete the route! Instead I got something much more valuable out of this. I got to keep my health, my tranquility and was able to rob Mr. Murphy's law of its cruel sting today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHERE IS THAT DARN LEAK IN MY SWIMMING POOL?

BY THE NUMBERS...DAY 3 & 4

DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE POOL LEAK BECOME A MAJOR REPAIR